In this country of smiles, you will have to keep certain things in mind when you are traveling to ensure that you do not face any problem. Cambodia Do’s and Don’t will provide all the information you need to know about the Etiquette in Cambodia and Code of Conduct in Cambodia. The country has been trying to evolve out of a shattering past of war and violence, which is the main reason behind the sensitiveness of the people about their religious beliefs and social customs. What better way to pay respect to the traditions of the people than to be aware of Do’s and Don’t in Cambodia and follow them.
- Ask for permission before taking photographs of any Cambodian people or monks.
- It is customary to remove your shoes when entering a place of worship such as a pagoda or temple.
- Additionally, visitors should dress appropriately when inside a religious site (upper arms and legs should be covered, hats removed).
- It is respectful to remove your shoes when entering someone’s home.
- Though not always expected, a respectful way of greeting another individual is to bow the head slightly with hands pressed together at the chest (known as “Sampeah”).
- If invited to dine in a Cambodian family’s home, it is polite to bring a small gift for the host such as fruit, dessert, or flowers.
- If invited to attend a Cambodian wedding, it is customary to bring cash as a wedding gift.
- When using a toothpick at the table, use one hand to cover your mouth.
- Keep business cards ready, and present them with both hands. Accept business cards with both hands.
- Don’t use your feet to point at someone.
- Don’t touch a Cambodian person on the head.
- Don’t begin eating if you are a guest at a dinner and the host has yet to take a bite.
- Women should never touch male monks or hand something directly to them.
- Keep public displays of affection to a respectful minimum.
from $710.00 $532.50 25%
from $975.00 $731.25 25%
from $810.00 $648.00 20%
from $940.00 $752.00 20%
from $980.00 $784.00 20%
from $1,460.00 $1,168.00 20%
from $880.00 $748.00 15%
from $2,250.00 $1,687.50 25%
from $1,065.00 $905.25 15%
from $1,660.00 $1,361.20 18%
from $2,880.00 $2,448.00 15%